High School “Mix”
The High School Mix was designed for students who wish to come to the United States for the whole academic year. On this program, students will go to Orlando for the first semester and then move to another Travelmate USA location for the second semester.
Students who enroll on the MIX Program will have the opportunity to see different parts of the country and experience even more of what America has to offer. Travelmate USA will handle all transcript transfers to the second school as well as assist with school registrations in both cities.
Travelmate USA offers High School placement in the following cities:
- Boise, ID
- Boston, MA
- Denver, CO
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Provo, UT
- Seattle, WA
Our schools are selected based upon location, quality of academics and university acceptance rate as well as the variety of subjects, sports and activities offered. Students can choose to attend either 1 or 2 school semesters in each location (5 to 10 months).
In order to participate in the Public High School Program in the USA students must:
Have an intermediate level of English
Hold and maintain a passing grade point average
Provide academic transcripts of the last 3 years, including current year
Have not graduated from High School in their home country
Be between 14 and 18 years old – Please contact Travelmate USA for age restriction in each School District.
Welcome Week Orientation and Activities
Students are required to arrive a few days before school’s official start date in order to attend Travelmate USA Welcome Week orientation and activities. During this week students will attend arrival orientation, have the compulsory medical exam, finalize school registration and meet Travelmate USA program coordinators and representatives.
Students going to Miami and Los Angeles will flight directly to their final destinations where their Welcome Week orientation will be held. The ones going to Orlando and other locations will attend Welcome Week in Orlando. Travelmate USA offers different Welcome Week activities in each location. Students will receive more details with the Placement Confirmation.
Monthly Trips and Activities
Travelmate USA organizes optional field trips and activities throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for students to interact with other international students, exchange experiences, learn a little bit more about the American culture and visit new places.
- High School Placement in selected schools
- Paid host family accommodation with full board on the weekends and half board during the week
- Guardianship Form
- Tuition and mandatory school fees
- Airport transfer on arrival and departure
- Arrival Orientation in Los Angeles, Miami and Orlando
- Welcome week orientation and activities
- Year Pass for Universal Studios & Island of Adventures (Orlando only)
- Visa document (I-20)
- Travelmate USA fulltime support and supervision during the program.
What’s not included?
- SEVIS, Visa, and Passport fees
- Airline tickets
- Compulsory physical, TB tests and other required shots on arrival
- Public transportation monthly pass
- School lunches
- School uniforms (if required)
- Book fees and School supplies
- Extra curricular activities and Optional Group Activities
- Medical & Liability Insurance
News (see all posts)
You can make a difference!
Become a Host Family and help us give international students the opportunity to experience America for 5-10 months!
Travelmate USA is launching the new Mix Program for 2014!! Now you can study in two different cities during your High School year in the United States.